Iowa College Aid recognizes national service members
Course to College Corps is working to improve college access in 6 Iowa communities
Tuesday (April 3) is National Service Recognition Day, when AmeriCorps members around the country are honored for their efforts to improve their communities.
Here in Iowa, Iowa College Aid is a sponsor of 14 AmeriCorps State and AmeriCorps VISTA members through the Course to College Corps. These members work to remove barriers so that more young people can go to college. They provide one-on-one college access assistance to students and also help schools develop and expand their college access programs.
Course to College Corps members are currently at work in the following communities:
- Cedar Rapids: 3 AmeriCorps State members
- Estherville: 1 AmeriCorps State member and 1 AmeriCorps VISTA member
- Fort Dodge: 1 AmeriCorps State member and 1 AmeriCorps VISTA member
- Muscatine: 1 AmeriCorps State member
- Ottumwa: 1 AmeriCorps State members and 1 AmeriCorps VISTA member
- Sioux City: 3 AmeriCorps State members and 1 AmeriCorps VISTA member
Course to College Corps is made possible by grants from the Corporation for National and Community Service and Volunteer Iowa. To learn more, go to IowaCollegeAid.gov.