File the FAFSA now!
Priority deadlines are coming, so it's time to get your FAFSA filed!
10 reasons to file NOW
1. Earlier filing means better odds. Some programs actually give priority to students who file sooner.
2. It’s free. There’s no charge to file the FAFSA, ever.
3. It’s quicker than you think. Average time spent on the form is 30-60 minutes—not much when you consider that thousands of dollars for your education are on the line.
4. It’s simpler than you think. If you file online, you can pull your financial data over from your tax return.
5. It’s worth it. Every year, thousands of Iowans qualify for millions of dollars in state grants and scholarships by filing the FAFSA.
6. Seriously, it’s worth it. More than half of Iowa’s FAFSA filers qualify for the federal Pell Grant alone.
7. Plan to take out federal student loans? You need to file a FAFSA to qualify.
8. Plan to work during college? You need to file a FAFSA to qualify for Federal Work-Study.
9. More than three-quarters of Iowa’s college students get some form of financial aid, and it all starts with the FAFSA.
10. File the FAFSA, and your counselors, teachers and family can leave you alone about it!