Future Ready Iowa Last-Dollar Scholarship Ongoing Requirements
IF YOU ARE APPLYING for the Last-Dollar Scholarship for the first time, start here.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY BEEN AWARDED a Last-Dollar Scholarship, you must meet the following criteria to remain eligible:
- Remain an Iowa resident
- Attend a college orientation session
- Register for courses with the assistance of an advisor
- Participate in available academic advising sessions
- Participate in available career advising sessions if required by your program of study
- Continuously receive a Last-Dollar Scholarship disbursement in each semester/term (summer semester/term is not required)
- Meet Satisfactory Academic Progress (SAP) as defined by your college
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) annually
- Remain continuously enrolled in the required number of hours per semester/term (summer semester/term is not required):
- If you initially received the Last-Dollar Scholarship as a RECENT HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE, at least 12 hours
- If you initially received the Last-Dollar Scholarship as an ADULT STUDENT, at least 6 hours
Future Ready Iowa Mentoring Program & College Success Support
Last-Dollar Scholars are eligible to receive additional support through the Future Ready Iowa Mentoring Program, college success coaching, and the Future Ready Iowa Texting Program. Last-Dollar Scholars will benefit from working with professionals from their community and receiving electronic nudges and in-person personalized guidance on navigating college life.
- The Future Ready Iowa Mentoring Program pairs Last-Dollar Scholars with mentors working in their field of study. Through engaging in the Future Ready Iowa Mentoring Program, students can establish meaningful career connections that enhance their academic experience and strengthen their job readiness skills. Students will be matched with mentors based on multiple factors, including professional goals, interests, background, and location. Mentors and mentees will interact through an e-mentoring communications platform, in addition to any face-to-face meetings. Ample training and support will be provided.
- College success coaches are available to guide and support students at campuses throughout Iowa. Coaches will deliver helpful reminders and connect students with academic resources and student services.
- The Future Ready Iowa Texting Program will provide students with timely reminders and tips, as well as the opportunity to communicate with a college success expert for answers to college success questions.
To receive additional support from a mentor and/or college success coach, begin here.
Last-Dollar Scholarship amounts are based on Iowa community college tuition and are calculated after all other federal and state non-repayable aid (grants and scholarships, but not student loans) is taken into account.
If you initially received the Last-Dollar Scholarship as a RECENT HIGH SCHOOL GRADUATE, you may receive Last-Dollar Scholarship for up to 5 full-time semesters.
If you initially received the Last-Dollar Scholarship as an ADULT STUDENT, you may receive the Last-Dollar Scholarship for up to 8 part-time semesters or the full-time equivalent.
October 1: FAFSA is available.