Iowa College Aid and the Iowa Department of Education have partnered to offer the Career Development in the 21st Century 3.0 Conference.
August 5 and 6, 2013
The Ramada Tropics Resort & Conference Center
5000 Merle Hay Road
Urbandale, IA 50322
For reservations, call 515-278-0271. To receive the conference room rate of $55, ask for a room under the “Career Development” block. The conference rate is available for August 4 and 5. Rates for other nights can be reserved at the regular $129 rate. Four free passes to the Resort's "Buccaneer Bay" indoor water park will be included with your room. Hotel details can be found at http://www.ramadatropicsresort.com/.
The purpose of the conference is to provide participants with knowledge and strategies for implementing career development and I Have A Plan Iowa® in the classroom. Participants will leave the conference with a copy of curriculum that supports career development and aligns with I Have A Plan Iowa® and the ASCA model.
Learning goals include:
- Understanding and knowing how to apply career development strategies.
- Understanding how to make the career development process relevant and equitable to all students.
- Understanding how non-academic factors affect college and career ready success.
As part of Heartland AEA 11's Professional Development Program, there is no charge to attend for participants not seeking credit. However, there is a $25 fee for those seeking license renewal credit.
Online registration is closed. Please contact Iowa College Aid regarding attendance.
- Lunch will be provided both days.
- Free parking is available at the Conference Center.
- Poolside rooms are available for an additional fee.
- Greater Des Moines Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Iowa State Fair (August 8-18)
- Jordan Creek Town Center
- Living History Farms
- Merle Hay Mall
For additional information regarding the Conference, please contact your I Have A Plan Iowa® trainer or call Iowa College Aid at 877-272-4456.