Iowa National Guard Educational Assistance Grant
The Iowa National Guard Educational Assistance Grant (NGEAP) provides annual awards to Iowa National Guard members who attend eligible Iowa colleges and universities. Maximum individual awards cannot exceed the current average resident tuition rate at Iowa Regent Universities. National Guard officials have determined that they will be able to pay 100 percent of the average regent tuition rate for the 2012-13 academic year, an amount of $6,658
. The Iowa Adjutant General determines eligibility.
- Iowa resident
- Member of an Iowa Army or Air National Guard unit for each term the member receives benefits
- Satisfactorily complete required Guard training
- Maintain satisfactory performance of Guard duty
- Pursue a certificate or undergraduate degree at an eligible Iowa college or university (students with BA degrees are not eligible to participate even if pursuing a second BA degree) and maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- The Iowa Financial Aid Application will be available January 1 through December 1.
- Iowa Financial Aid Application fall priority deadline is July 1.