The All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship (AIOS) is a state-funded scholarship program for students who do well in high school and demonstrate financial need.
Generally, a student can receive the AIOS for one academic year. Students attending community colleges can renew their award for a second academic year as long as they re-apply and continue to meet eligibility requirements. The 2013-14 maximum award is $7,824.
- Participated in certain federal TRIO programs
- Applicants who graduated from alternative high schools or alternative high school programs
The student will be identified by the Commission with the assistance of high school guidance counselors, TRIO Program administrators, the Iowa Department of Human Services, and the Iowa Department of Education.
First priority will be given to students whose applications are received on or before March 11, 2013. Applications received after the March 11 priority date will be considered for an award only if funding remains once all renewals and priority applicants have been awarded.
Generally, high school seniors who graduated in 2012 or will graduate with the class of 2013 are eligible for the All Iowa Opportunity Scholarship if they meet the following criteria:
- Iowa resident who begins initial enrollment at an eligible Iowa college or university within two academic years of graduating from high school and continuously receives a scholarship award;
- Minimum of 2.5 cumulative GPA on a 4.0 scale or its equivalent;
- Enroll for at least 3 semester hours (or the trimester or quarter equivalent) in a program leading to an undergraduate degree;
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) and Iowa Financial Aid Application by March 1 for priority consideration;
- Have an Expected Family Contribution (EFC) of *$7,824or lower from the 2013-14 FAFSA; and
- Complete any additional applications or documents required by the Iowa College Student Aid Commission.
- Iowa Financial Aid Application
Click on the application button to apply
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- The Iowa Financial Aid Application will be available January 1 through July 1.
- Priority FAFSA and Iowa Financial Aid Application deadline is March 11.
- Final FAFSA and Iowa Financial Aid Application deadline is July 1.
Click on the image to download
* EFC limit for this scholarship is determined by the average regent tuition and fees. For the 2013- 2014 academic year this rate has not been approved by the board