Copyright © 2012
Iowa College Student Aid Commission
All rights reserved.
Step-By-Step Contest Guide
Gather a team!
Be a Winner!
- Team members must be high school students, grades 9-12 from the same Iowa high school.
- A team must include at least one but no more than 5 students.
- Each team must have an educator mentor from the high school. A team may have more than one mentor, but all mentors must be employees of the high school.
- Choose a topic based on what you have learned about financial literacy or that you think your peers would want to know more about.
- Brainstorm a creative way your team could educate others about your topic through a video.
- The video should be no longer than 5 minutes in length and contain no profanity.
- In addition to the content, the video should contain the school name and the title of the video.
- Video editing must occur by the student team members (no outside professional editing may occur.) Check out the list of recommended free video-editing software below.
- Videos must be uploaded to YouTube.com, and a link emailed to Julie.Ntem@iowa.gov no later than 11:59 p.m., Sunday, April 22, 2012.
- A Name and Image/Audio Release Form for each team member must be faxed (515.725.3401) or scanned and emailed (Julie.Ntem@iowa.gov) no later than 11:59 p.m., Sunday, April 22, 2012.
- One Video Submission Form per video must be completed and faxed (515.725.3401) or scanned and emailed (Julie.Ntem@iowa.gov) no later than 11:59 p.m., Sunday, April 22, 2012.
Be a Winner!
- A committee of judges from Iowa College Aid, Iowa Bankers Association, and EverFi, Inc. will evaluate the videos.
- The video with the highest combined score will be designated the winner. The winning team will be announced on or before April 30, 2012.
- Prizes will be distributed at a ceremony held at the school after the winning video has been selected. Iowa College Aid will coordinate ceremony details with the winning high school.
- Prizes will be awarded only after students of the winning team have completed all 10 modules of the Iowa Financial Literacy Program to reach certified status, if they have not already done so.
- Wax - http://www.debugmode.com/wax/
- Jahshaka - http://download.cnet.com/Jahshaka/3000-2169_4-10542308.html
- Windows Live Movie Maker - http://explore.live.com/windows-live-essentials-movie-maker-get-started
- iMovie (available on your Apple computer or dowload here) - http://support.apple.com/downloads/#movie